MSVR’s 2019 race season springs into life this weekend (6/7 April) at Donington Park. After a slightly later than usual start, drivers will be eager to get going in what is set to be the club’s busiest year to date.
This year sees a number of new championships and series joining the existing line-up, including:
- EnduroKA, a new endurance series which offers a competitive, cost effective way to enjoy the thrill of team endurance racing. The new series for Ford KA hatchbacks will be run and managed by the same team behind the MSVT Trackday Trophy and Trackday Championship
- Focus Cup, an arrive-and-drive style championship featuring identically specified race cars. All competing cars will be owned, built, maintained, and run at each round by Focus Cup Ltd., with drivers able to change damper settings and tyre pressures to suit their driving style
- Heritage Formula Ford becomes a fully-fledged championship for the first time this year, after emerging as a tremendously successful series in 2018.
- The Maximum Networks Volkswagen Racing Cup returns to the MSVR stable in 2019 and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting saloon car championships in the UK, with full backing from Volkswagen
- Z Cars Racing will run in 2019 with stand-alone grids. Under the new management of Coupés and Convertibles Racing, Z Cars is an exciting initiative which will offer competitive racing in race-prepared BMW Z3 and Z4 sports cars.
In 2019, MSVR continues to be the organising club for UK rounds of the DTM, Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe, Aston Martin Owners’ Club Racing, the Donington Historic Festival, Masters Historic Festival, and the CarFest events.
MSVR will also continue to look after the racing action at MSV’s popular in-house themed festivals such as American SpeedFest, Deutsche Fest, Festival Italia, and the Brands Hatch Mini Festival. This year Ford Power Live is added to the roster, growing into a full race event at Brands Hatch in September.
For tickets to the Donington Park event, click here.
For the full MSVR calendar, please click here.